Just when I think that I’ve seen it all in the hospitality industry, Covid-19 shows up with all the curve balls. We’ve seen rock bottom airfare prices and highly discounted hotel deals surface during this pandemic. The hospitality industry is pulling everything they can think of out of their hat. I’ve had a few people ask me about a new promotion that has surfaced during this virus, book now and stay later. After some research I have a good handle on it. Here is everything you need to know about Book Now, Stay Later offers.
Book Now, Stay Later is about purchasing hotel bonds. This service started when Lion & Lamb Communications put together a plan to benefit hotels and travelers alike during the coronavirus pandemic. According to their site the goal is “As the hotel industry faces unprecedented challenges due to coronavirus (COVID-19), we encourage travel enthusiasts from around the world to help support our hotel friends through a “hotel bonds” initiative…” I personally think it is creative and genius. As with any new concept, it needs to be broken down for the traveler so here is how it works:
- Go to the Book Now, Stay Later Website.
- Narrow down your location by region, country and state.
- Select your hotel and put in your request for bonds.
Important Facts about buying Hotel Bonds
- Hotel bonds can be purchased in increments of $100.
- The bonds have a 60 day maturation requirement.
- After 60 days your initial $100 bond will be worth $150 which you will receive in a gift certificate format.
- Each participating hotel has the right to put limits on the number of bonds purchased.
- Terms and Conditions apply and are put forth by each individual property. This applies to expiring bonds, black outs and restrictions. Just ask the hotel for these when you send in your bond request.
- There is a variety of hotels from resorts, boutiques and branded hotels on the website.
As a hotelier, I am in love this Book Now, Stay Later program. This program is not taking any commission or charging fees to the participating hotels. It is truly a helping hand for the hotel industry. That extra $50 maturation is the different between a standard room and a suite sometimes! I hope this article on everything you need to know about Book Now, Stay Later offers inspires your next trip!
Check out my post on some hotel options in San Juan, Puerto Rico!