The Maldives have been all over social media lately. This dream destination has become a bucket list destination for many with their beautiful resorts featuring over water bungalows. Most over water bungalows start at $1,000+ a night. Marriott has a new Le Meridien property (Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa – Thilamaafushi Island) coming to the Maldives this year and you snag one of those bungalows for a fraction of the price. Check out this Maldives Over Water Bungalow Points Hack!
Things to know about Marriott Bonvoy
- When you stay with points you get a 5th night free.
- You can book a points rate even if you don’t have all of the points just yet with “Points Advance.” This means if you have more points coming before this trip you can still book the rate. I love this feature because you don’t have to wait for a credit card points bonus to book.
- You can transfer points between other Marriott Bonvoy Members.
- Marriott Bonvoy is a transfer partner for Chase and American Express.
- You can purchase Marriott Bonvoy points and gift them as well.
How to Get this Deal
- Use Credit Card Transfers with Bonus Options. I typically don’t like the transfer option but currently American Express is offering a 40% bonus on Marriott Bonvoy through June 15th, 2021. The American Express Platinum Card is offering a 75,000 point bonus for sign up. Another option is the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card which is offering a 100,000 point bonus.
- Purchase Points. Right now you can purchase Marriott Bonvoy points for 30% off. Click here to purchase!
The Final Numbers
The grand total with this hack is $1,743.25 for 6 nights for an over water bungalow in the Maldives. That is insane! The Maldives is a bucket list destination and over water bungalows are so expensive. This hotel opens up in August 2021.
I hope you enjoyed this hotel points hack for the Maldives. If you want to see a hack for a certain location leave me a comment below!
Want to see my Hawaii points hack? Check out this post here.