Happy Tuesday from the middle of the Holiday Season!
I hope everyone had a great day! It was crazy to think that today is starts my 10 day countdown until I leave for Puerto Rico to go on my Southern Caribbean cruise. This post is going to be a bit of a brain dump as to what will be happening for me the next 10 days in preparation for this trip!
- Finish Packing: Obviously this is a no brainer but it does need to be said. By this point and time for a winter cruise, I am normally about 80% packed. That remaining 20% usually consists of under garments, hygiene products and my carry on bag. My carry on bag normally consists of an outfit, a swimsuit, my cameras, iPad and Travel Documents (I’ll detail this in a moment).
- Travel Documents: This consists of my passport, copies of my hotel and tour confirmations, my Set Sail Pass, copies of my passport and itinerary. I am not one of those people whose itinerary is detailed like 8:00am rise, 8:15am brush teeth, etc. It is only a page and has all my confirmation numbers and contact info by day for tours/hotels and things of that nature. I also scan myself a copy of all my documents to have on file in my email in case I lose any of the papers in transit.
- Set Sail Document: I will probably be printing out my Set Sail Pass through Royal Caribbean in the next day or so along with my luggage tags for the port. I cannot emphasize enough how important printing this document is. If you do not print this ahead of time, you will have to fill this out by hand a the port and wait in a extremely long line. It is very frustrating and if you are like me, you just want to start your trip!
- Confirm All Bookings: This consists of following up with all tours/rental cars/hotels that I am booked with. I just like having the peace of mind when I travel.
- Finish Research: Since I tend to venture off the beaten path when I travel, I like to get map of the surrounding area that I am going. I will look for nearby restaurants and shops. Some of the secluded beaches that I go to won’t have bathrooms so knowing your area is very important! Not to mention, if you are eating somewhere in a foreign country, I live and die by reviews. I don’t feel like being sick on my vacation if I can avoid it!
I will do a final post on what I have packed next week so you can see all the little fun tips and tricks. Make sure you follow me on snapchat and periscope for live footage of my trip! Have a great day everyone!
Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope: @haleewithaflair