People always ask me why I cruise so much. My answer is pretty simple, it fits my style of travel generally speaking. This answer does vary depending on location but today we are going to focus on the Caribbean. When it comes to vacationing in the tropics, most people are between an all inclusive resort and a cruise. Today we are going to figure out if a Caribbean cruise right for you?
Here are some statements that may make you think a cruise is right for you!
- I love getting to know new people. Based on the fact that you are a ship in the middle of the ocean, cruising encourages socialization. Cruise lines tend to have a bigger activities staff that curate special events throughout the sailing to encourage this. The dining and bar scene on the ships also provide great opportunities to meet new people.
- You don’t sit still on vacation. I love laying out in the sun for about 30-60 minutes. After that, I cannot sit still. Cruising offers so many activities from seminars to trivia and other venues onboard that is perfect for those that don’t sit still.
- You’re family has different tastes. One of the greatest things about cruising is that there is generally something for everyone. Today’s modern cruise ships have it all from broadway shows to onboard water parks and more. Send your theater geek to a show, send your pub goer to play some pool/watch the game, send the kids to laser tag or the kids center. The options are endless!
- You like to sample before you buy. If you are interested in doing a longer stay in the caribbean but aren’t sure where, cruising will help. Cruising is a great way to sample different islands so you can see what you like. Check out this link to see some of my past island trips: https://haleewithaflair.com/?s=Cruising
- You’re addicted to being on the water. There is something about propping your balcony door so you can hear the waves that just calms my soul. On some ships I’ve even hung a hammock to lay in on my balcony just so I can relax and hear the waves. I love being able to retreat to my room and feel like I have a little slice of the ocean to myself. Interested in putting a hammock on your balcony? Check out this post: https://haleewithaflair.com/2018/02/cruise-ship-hammock-life/
If any of these statements apply to you, a caribbean cruise should be in your future. Remember, there are different cruise lines that cater to different people. If you have more questions about cruising, check out my video with my travel agent that can answer almost all of your cruising questions here: https://youtu.be/33cktdEkyLs