Today I am back with another resort review. As you know, Disney World has an abundance of hotel choices when it comes to planning your vacation. They break up their hotels by cost range into Value, Moderate, Deluxe Resorts and Villas categories. I really enjoy the moderate resort category. All of the hotels in this set are really well themed and have some amazing amenities. Today we are going to be talking about Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
Perks of Staying at a Disney World Property Hotel:
- Transportation to and from the airport on Disney’s Magical Express.
- Early Access to Fast Pass+ Reservations.
- Extra Magic Hours at the Parks.
- Complimentary transportation to the parks and Disney Springs via bus/monorail/boat/gondola depending on your resort.
- 180 day window for booking Dining Reservations.
- Complimentary Magic Bands
- Disney Purchases made at the parks or Disney Springs can be sent back to your hotel for you so you don’t have to carry it around.
- Extra evening activities at resorts like outdoor movies and campfires with smores.
- Being able to purchase the Disney Dining Plan. Learn more about that here.
Basic Information About Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort:
- Caribbean Beach is located in the EPCOT area.
- The resort theme has a beautiful Caribbean theme with a splash of Pirates of the Caribbean mixed in.
- This location has an exterior facing neighborhood hotel rooms.
- Caribbean Beach also has the new Skyliner transportation system in addition to the park buses.
If you like new and fresh, most of the rooms at Caribbean Beach are going to be perfect for you. The hotel has just finished a complete renovation of the guest rooms (including the Pirate Rooms). All of the rooms have received a modern upgrade. The rooms are equipped with a minifridge, large desk area, good closet space, and dual sinks in the bathroom. The rooms don’t have a huge Disney character appeal but are done very well. The pirate rooms, on the other hand, have beds shaped like ships and have the Pirates of the Caribbean theme.
- Kids Pirates Cruise
- On Site Restaurants and Shopping
- Coin Operated Laundry
- Bike Rentals
- Playground and Volleyball
- Self Parking and Valet
- The Fuentes del Morro Main Pool and five leisure pools throughout the resort.
Food & Beverage Options
Caribbean Beach Resort has a variety of food and beverage outlets across the property from small quicker service to sit down restaurants and a few bars. Here is a list of all the options. One of the great things about the great things is some of the quick service options have mobile dining through the My Disney Experience App too. Room service is always a great option and there is a convenience store as well.
The Pros and Cons
- Beautifully appointed resort that has been fully renovated.
- Lots of food and beverage options.
- Food court is larger and has more variety than some other resorts.
- Great location and Access to EPCOT which also means you can easily get to a monorail to the Magic Kingdom when you are done there.
- The main pool may be the best-themed pool. This is Olivia’s favorite slide so far!
- There is an internal resort bus to take you to the pool areas if needed.
- The Pirate Rooms fall short after the initial thought of the theme. The beds weren’t the most comfortable and they were far away from the main pool. We stayed in these and I wouldn’t do it again.
- Huge resort which could mean a lot of walking to get to the pools, bus stations and lobby areas.
Overall I would recommend staying at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. I have loved the main themed pool with slide. The location provides easy access to some of the parks and offers a few more amenities than the value resorts. That is probably the biggest seller to this resort as well. The addition of the new Skyliner also brings up the appeal of this hotel which now provides easier access to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
To book this resort click here.
Want a second opinion on this resort? Check out WDW Info! A huge shout out to them for their awesome pictures. My stay here was a quick weekend trip and we got in very late so didn’t have time for our photos!