Disney World has an abundance of hotel choices when it comes to planning your vacation. They break up their hotels by cost range into Value, Moderate, Deluxe Resorts and Villas categories. I really enjoy the moderate resort category. All of the hotels in this set are really well themed and have some amazing amenities. Today we are going to be talking about Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.
Perks of Staying at a Disney World Property Hotel:
- Transportation to and from the airport on Disney’s Magical Express.
- Early Access to Fast Pass+ Reservations.
- Extra Magic Hours at the Parks.
- Complimentary transportation to the parks and Disney Springs via bus/monorail/boat/gondola depending on your resort.
- 180 day window for booking Dining Reservations.
- Complimentary Magic Bands
- Disney Purchases made at the parks or Disney Springs can be sent back to your hotel for you so you don’t have to carry it around.
- Extra evening activities at the resorts like outdoor movies and campfires with smores.
- Being able to purchase the Disney Dining Plan.
Basic Information About Coronado Springs:
- Coronado Springs is located in the EPCOT area located between there and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- This is a convention hotel that hosts large conventions throughout the year.
- The resort theme has Spanish and Southwest American/Northern Mexico influences.
- This location has exterior facing neighborhood hotel rooms as well as the brand new Gran Destino tower with suites and has interior facing corridors.
If you like new and fresh, Coronado Springs is going to be a resort for you. The hotel has just finished a complete renovation with the addition of the new tower. All of the rooms have received a modern upgrade. Keep in mind since this resort is a conference hotel that the rooms feel more geared towards grown ups but still have a splash of Disney Magic in them. The rooms are equipped with a minifridge, large desk area, good closet space and dual sinks in the bathroom.
This hotel has rooms to accommodate up to 6 guests. The room views come in standard, waterview and preferred (close to amenities). Most of the rooms have two queens beds and handicap accessible is available. This resort does feature different suite categories as well.
- On Site Fitness Center
- Club Access Rooms for certain Rooms
- On Site Restaurants and Shopping
- Coin Operated Laundry
- Boat Rentals
- Playground and Boat Rental
- Self Parking and Valet
- The Lost City of Cibola Pool with a Jaguar Water slide and three quieter pool areas with kiddie wading pool.
- On site salon/spa available
Food & Beverage Options
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort has a variety of food and beverage outlets across the property from small quicker service to sit down restaurants and a few bars. Here is a list of all the options. There are more venues at this resort due to it being a convention hotel. One of the great things about the great things is some of the quick service options have mobile dining through the My Disney Experience App too. Room service is always a great option and there is a convenience store as well.
- Beautifully appointed resort that has been fully renovated.
- Lots of food and beverage options.
- Food court is larger and has more variety than some other resorts.
- Great location to EPCOT, Hollywood Studios and Blizzard Beach.
- Doesn’t feel as Disney immersive due to the more adult themed design to appeal to convention attendees.
- Huge resort which could mean a lot of walking to get to the pools, bus stations and lobby areas.
Overall I would recommend staying at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. I have loved the main dig site themed pool with slide since I was a child. The location provides easy access to some of the parks and offers a few more amenities than the value resorts. If you are concerned about the walking distances, a different resort may be a better option for you.
To book a room click here.
Check out my latest Disney World Post about the 5 Best Character Dining Experiences.