Now that I’ve reviewed almost every moderate hotel at Disney World, I thought it was about time to start reviewing some deluxe resorts that I’ve stayed at. Just like the moderate resorts, these are scattered through Disney World property. I had the joy of staying at this resort for Mickey’s Not so Scary Halloween Party in 2019. Today we are going to start with my Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort review.
Perks of Staying at a Disney World Property Hotel:
- Transportation to and from the airport on Disney’s Magical Express.
- Early Access to Fast Pass+ Reservations.
- Extra Magic Hours at the Parks.
- Complimentary transportation to the parks and Disney Springs via bus/monorail/boat/gondola depending on your resort.
- 180 day window for booking Dining Reservations.
- Complimentary Magic Bands
- Disney Purchases made at the parks or Disney Springs can be sent back to your hotel for you so you don’t have to carry it around.
- Extra evening activities at resorts like outdoor movies and campfires with smores.
- Being able to purchase the Disney Dining Plan. Learn more about that here.
Basic Information About Disney’s Saratoga Springs:
- Saratoga Springs is located in the Disney Springs area.
- The resort theme is centered around horse racing from Saratoga Springs, New York.
- This location has an exterior facing neighborhood hotel rooms.
- There is bus transportation to the parks and boat transportation to Disney Springs.
- This resort has a spa on site.
All of the rooms are a suites or villas. The basic suites are equipped with a minifridge, large desk area, living room area, good closet space, and dual sinks in the bathroom. The villas have full kitchens and seperate bedrooms. This is a DVC resort so you can purchase timeshare points from other services for this resort.
- On-Site Restaurants and Shopping
- Coin-Operated Laundry
- Bike Rentals
- Playground and Volleyball
- Self Parking and Valet
- Basketball Court
- Movie under the Stars
- Sunrise Yoga
- Campfire Activities
Food & Beverage Options
Saratoga Springs Resort has a variety of food and beverage outlets across the property from small quicker service to sit down restaurants and a few bars. Here is a list of all the options. One of the great things about the great things is some of the quick service options have mobile dining through the My Disney Experience App too. Room service is always a great option and there is a convenience store as well.
The Pros and Cons
- DVC property so all rooms are suite or villa.
- Location near Disney Springs.
- The pools have good themes and multiple water slides.
- There is an internal resort bus to take you to the pool areas if needed.
- Rooms have not been renovated.
- Huge resort which could mean a lot of walking to get to the pools, bus stations and lobby areas.
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort is great for big families and those who want full kitchens. I personally wouldn’t pick this hotel first unless I was able to get a great deal. This resort is very spaced out and parts of it are not walkable. The location near Disney Springs is great but I think they are better options if you are looking for the same amenities. You won’t be disappointed due to all the inclusions of staying on Disney property though.
To book this resort click here.
Want a second opinion on this resort? Check out WDW Info! A huge shout out to them for their awesome pictures. My stay here was a quick weekend trip and we got in very late so didn’t have time for our photos!