Versailles had been on my bucket list for a long time. I love history and really enjoyed the show ‘Versailles.’ Since France has finally reopened in 2021, I had to go. Versailles is a must-do when you are traveling to France. It is a quick 40-minute train ride from Paris. Traveling to Versailles is the same but the experience is a little different now. Here is everything you need to know about visiting Versailles.
How to Get There
- You can take the Metro from Paris. The ride is about 40 minutes followed by a 10 minute walk from the station to the palace. The train is the RER C.
- Purchase your train tickets the night before because you don’t want to deal with a broken machine in the morning.
- You can also rent a car or take a private transfer service like KiwiTaxi.
- Register for Tickets Ahead of Time: You can either buy them on their webiste or on Viator with your other vacation attractions.
- Consider a Tour: There is a variety of biking tours and special events that occur at Versailles.
- Book the first time available for the day. This will allow you to get time in the Hall of Mirrors without being too crowded.
- Rent a golf cart or take the trolley around the grounds. The grounds are very large. It is hard to do the entire property and palace in one day.
- Get a snack at Angelina’s at Versailles. There is a full lunch available or the patissiere.
Accessible Travel Tips
- There are elevators in a couple parts of the palace. If you ask the staff, they will point you in the right direction.
- Rent a golf cart to explore the gardens.
- There are wheelchair rentals available at Versailles. Here is a review on accessibility.
I hope that these tips will help you on your trip. Versailles is a must-visit for travelers of all ages. When you visit you will see children running through the gardens, lovers having a picnic, and families renting boats on the Grand Canal. This list and the Youtube video are a great overview on everything you need to know about visiting Versailles.
Here is another article on what you need to know about traveling to France right now!