You’ve planned an amazing trip to Disney World. The dining reservations are made and the fast pass selections have been selected. You are ready to go! These are six rookie mistakes that you can make in the parks at Disney World that can eat up or ruin your experience.
- Not downloading the Disney Experience App: The app is a huge key to success in the parks. This is where you can keep track/add fast passes, check wait times, see your Memory Maker Photos and so much more. It is a great tool to have at your finger tips.
- Forgetting to use Mobile Order: A lot of quick service restaurants at the theme parks have mobile order that is available through the Disney App. During the day, the lines at the quick service restaurants are not always very quick. My tip is to order through the app as you are walking towards your restaurant of choice, find a table, claim it and then go pick up your food. It is very easy and you can use your dining plan credits this way too!
- Trying to do it all: For bigger parks, like Magic Kingdom, it generally cannot be done in one day. In the off season, you can just about to do all of it if you hit it just right. I know it might be tempting to cram it all in because you’ve paid a lot of money to be there. Trust me, take a break midday when it is busiest. Your mind and body will thank you! I touch on this in one of my other Disney posts: https://bit.ly/2OURepL
- Using a Snack Credit for a Water: If you have the Disney Dining Plan, wasting one of those snack credits on a water is a big party foul. I’ll bring an aluminum water bottle with me and refill it during the day. You can also visit food venues for a free cup of water. I love to read the Disney Food Blog and watch their Youtube Videos. They have great suggestions of how to get the most bang for your buck on snack credits. http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/04/23/dfb-video-best-disney-dining-plan-snack-credit-values/
- Not adding more FastPasses during the day: After you use your three fastpasses you can go back into the Disney App and check for more fastpasses! I highly recommend checking out Touring Plans and their app. In their app you can go in and view times still available for Fastpass on different rides. https://touringplans.com/
- Failing to use a Minnie Van after Fireworks: This is my go to tip for having a great Disney World experience. Don’t get me wrong, Disney has a lot of included transportation options when you stay on property. However, waiting in line for your resort bus late at night after fireworks is torture. I’ve waited 40 minutes for a bus before and everyone is just crammed into these buses at that time at night. Disney partnered with Lyft and has their Minnie Van ride share service. The cost is normally $25-30 anywhere on Disney Property. This is worth the splurge.
Have you ever made any of these mistakes? I know that I have before and I always kick myself after. Even after going to Disney World over 50 times in my lifetime, I still try to cram everything in. Avoiding these rookie mistakes will help you have a much better time a Walt Disney World!