I’m going to be eating some crow today. I originally was very skeptical about Royal Caribbean’s new concept for Coco Cay. Coco Cay was one of my favorite stops because it felt like a remote island. When I saw the drawing concepts and new photos, I was like great! They have turned one of my favorite places into a theme park. This past Sunday I was there for a wedding and I’m here to tell you, I was wrong. This article is going to tell you why you need a Perfect Day at Coco Cay!
- There is not an admission fee for Coco Cay. While there are attractions that cost money, you can walk onto this island and not spend an extra dime. It is included in your cruise fare.
- There will be a map showing all the different locations on Coco Cay in your stateroom the night before arrival.
- Your drink package works on the island (souvenir cups are extra).
- Beach Chairs, Towels, Showers and Bathrooms are available complimentary on the island.
- There are complimentary food options available.
- There are age/height/weight restrictions for different activities on the island. Check them out here on my friend’s blog https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/04/15/perfect-day-cococay-waterslides-experiences-height-and-weight-requirements
The first thing you see at Perfect Day Coco Cay when you pull up is Splashaway Bay and Thrill Water Park. If you have a family, I can guarantee this is where they will want to spend their time. If the water park speaks to you, make sure you check out the cruise planner before your trip to buy your thrill park tickets. It will be cheaper to buy them ahead of time.
If the waterpark doesn’t speak to you, you can walk or hop a tram to a different part of the island. The Oasis Pool is the place to be if you want to stay cool with a pool bar. It is great to not have to get out of the pool to grab cocktail! Do you prefer a beach to the pool? Head over to Harbor Beach or the beach near the Coco Beach Club.
I was here to attend a beautiful wedding on the island. After attending, my friends and I jumped into our swimsuits. We headed to the Oasis Pool to spend a couple hours with friends. The bar service was really fast and had a variety of beverages. The music and the vibe was great. After our first round of beverages, we headed over to the snack shack for chicken sandwiches and mozzarella sticks! The food was really good and there were plenty of places to sit and enjoy.
In all honesty, I was really surprised with how calm the island still was. The beach near Coco Beach Club was still so quiet and felt secluded. I’m sure this is a bit different when there is an Oasis class ship at the pier. The island was still quiet and I had to eat more words. I liked this much more than I thought I was going to.
For more information on how you can go to Coco Cay, I invite you to reach out to my Travel Agent Jason Poole (Jason.Poole@cruiseplanners.com) and head over to Royal Caribbean to learn more at https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cococay-cruises