Two years ago, I stepped foot on my first Oasis Class ship from Royal Caribbean. That ship happened to be the one that started it all, Oasis of the Seas. Oasis changed the cruising game over 10 years ago. This class is a whole different level of cruising. These mega ships introduced neighborhoods, interior facing balconies and much more to the cruising world. Since her debut, Royal Caribbean has made changes to its fleet and this class with its newer sisters Symphony and Harmony. 2019 brought news of an amplification renovation for Oasis of the Seas with some first at sea venues. I had the privilege of going on her third sailing after the big amplification. Now I am here to tell you the 9 best features of the newly amplified Oasis of the Seas.
- Portside BBQ and Playmaker’s Sports Bar. I am in love with these new casual specialty venues. These venues do have a cost associated with them and are included in the unlimited dining package. The mix of bar food and smoked bbq classics bring a new style of cruising cuisine to life. Portside BBQ is making its Royal Caribbean debut on Oasis of the Seas. Don’t forget to check out my video review below!
- Spotlight Karaoke. I am a karaoke obsessed cruiser. I normally get bummed out when it is only offered a couple nights on board. Spotlight Karaoke on the Royal Promenade offers nightly karaoke with different time slots for families, teens and adults. This venue also offers private karaoke rooms for rental by the hour ($24-39 per hour).
- Loco Fresh. Loco Fresh replaced the Wipe Out cafe on Oasis. I’m glad it did. Wipe Out previously offered hot dogs, burgers and fries. Loco Fresh offers Mexican style to go food like tacos, quesadillas and more. The condiment bar alone is the reason that you should dine here.
- The Lime & Coconut. This is the new bar theme on pool area outdoor decks 15 and 16. The splash of vibrant colors really tie in all of the main area decks and bars together. The signature cocktails are a breath of fresh air from the normal offered daquiris. This design has also brought new and vibrant lounger/cabana style furniture to the pool decks (tip: get up early to snag one on sea days).
- Splashaway Bay and Perfect Storm Slides. The previous aqua park for the kids was a bit of a disappointment to be honest. The new Splashaway bay has tons of new features/slides for the little ones. For the thrill seekers, the perfect storm slides bring new thrills for kids and adults alike to the pool deck.
- Music Hall. This venue was previously known as Dazzles. The makeover is representative of the Music Hall venues on Quantum class ships. Dazzles had an old tired look. The Music Hall has better laid out furniture/decor and in my opinion better musical acts than Dazzles used to have.
- Sun Deck off of the Solarium. I loved this area. It is nice to have an open air deck for sun bathing in the solarium. The update deck furniture adds to the experience too!
- Deck 15 Vending Machines. This one probably sounds silly but hear me out. I ended being diagnosed with bronchitis after this trip and these vending machines helped. They have all sorts of medicine and hygiene products in them. It is nice that you aren’t reliant on a small selection from a store on the promenade anymore. I would have had a terrible trip if it weren’t for these machines having night time cough meds.
- Aqua 80 Show. I cannot begin to tell you how much I loved this show. I always thought the Aqua shows that I had seen previously on Oasis and Allure were good but not necessarily anything to brag about. Aqua 80 is amazing. Check out this live video from my periscope channel for a sneak peek: https://www.periscope.tv/HaleeWithaFlair/1ypJdBvqOEYKW
Above I have included my full public deck space tour from my sailing on Oasis of the Seas. These 9 best features on the newly amplified Oasis of the Seas are game changers. Leave it to the ship that change it all to do it all over again with her refurbishment.
Which were your favorite features?
Don’t miss my Portside BBQ review: https://haleewithaflair.com/2019/12/portside-bbq-on-oasis-of-the-seas-review/
David Brown says
Great post thanks for share there is very useful information.David Brown famous for delicious smoker recipes, expert cooking methods, cooking tips, and tricks as well as for his cooking recipes.
Emily Watson says
Great Post & Thank You for these 9 New Features.
Halee with a Flair says