The coronavirus outbreak is causing all sorts of havoc in the travel industry. Cruise ships are being quarantined and refused entry into ports. Some businesses are banning travel to Asia for their company until this virus gets under control. I’ve compiled a list tips to help you avoid getting sick and staying safe while traveling during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Start taking Vitamin C supplements prior to your trip. As a rule of thumb, I start them a week out to build up additional immune support and I continue to take them during the trip. I prefer the chewable airborne tablets: https://amzn.to/37i3STM
- Pack Lysol Wipes. Lysol makes great disinfecting wipes. I use these to wipe down my seats and tray on the airplane. I’ll even bring one with me to the restroom to wipe down anything I would touch. They come in a travel size pack: https://amzn.to/2w7eFTT
- Consider a mouth cover or mask. This is a strong consideration especially if you will be traveling by air. When you are up in the air on a plane, there is a lot of recycled air going on. Keep in mind these masks are not guaranteed to help but every little bit helps. https://amzn.to/38hTM6E
- Carry antibacterial hand wash. You want to make sure you clean your hands after touching most public spaces. I personally like the spray version from bath and body works: https://amzn.to/39qdayy
- Purchase Travel Insurance. Travel insurance can run anywhere from $10-60 roughly person. This can cover any medical expenses you incur on your trip as well as if you have to cancel your trip. It is better to be safe than sorry. Consult a travel agent to see which plan is best for you.
- Pick a window seat. National Geographic did a study that showed window seats are the safest seat because of the distance from public spaces on a plane. Read more here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/api.nationalgeographic.com/distribution/public/amp/science/2020/01/how-coronavirus-spreads-on-a-plane
- Consider packing a small thermometer. Stay educated on the symptoms and if you feel under the weather, monitor your temperature. If you do end up becoming ill, seek immediate medical care. https://amzn.to/2uAjWCY
This outbreak should not stop you from traveling, within reason of course. If you have a trip to see the Great Wall of China planned for the next few weeks, I wouldn’t recommend that. These tips will not keep you 100% away from it but these measures can help. I hope these tips on how not to get sick while traveling during the coronavirus outbreak is helpful.
Don’t miss my latest post: https://haleewithaflair.com/2020/02/the-8-biggest-mistakes-first-time-cruisers-make/
What other tips would you recommend?