Cozumel has always been a great cruise port for me. During this pandemic, travel options have been limited for Americans. After spending almost six months in a self quarantined state, I needed to get out. I researched places to go and decided on Mexico. My husband was interested in trying an all-inclusive so I partnered with my Travel Agent to find the best option. We selected the Secrets Aura Cozumel All Inclusive Resort to review.
What is Included at Secrets Aura?
- Adults Only Resort
- Limitless access to gourmet à la carte dining options without reservations required
- Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits
- Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks
- 24-hour room* and concierge services (you can order drinks to your room)
- Pool and beach wait service
- Daily refreshed mini-bar with soft drinks, juice, bottled water and beer
- Daily maid service
- Endless daytime activities
- Oceanfront bars and entertainment venues
- No wristbands required
- All taxes and gratuities included
- Enjoy free Wi-Fi
- Complete access to the facilities at Sunscape Sabor Cozumel (family friendly all inclusive) next door, offering five additional restaurants, three bars, two pools, and much more.
Room Types & Tips
I stayed in a Preferred Club Swim Up Junior Suite during my stay. This room type was great. I loved being able to step into the lazy river pool right off of my patio. You need to remember that with all of the different room types that there is a difference. There are nonpreferred and preferred rooms.
What is included with preferred?
- Personalized check-in and check-out
- Special Concierge Service
- Preferred Status and Amenities
- Premium Room Locations (closer to the beach)
- Upgraded mini-bar
- Upgraded Bath Amenities
- Private Preferred Club Lounge and Swim Up Pool with fine liquors.
Covid-19 Cleaning Protocols
I felt that the staff went above and beyond to ensure a clean and safe stay. They are all wearing masks and protection. The staff temp checks anyone coming into the property. We were temp checked each time we came back from being off property! This is their protocol below:
What I loved about this Resort:
- Cleanliness and Friendly Staff
- Room Size: I loved that this room was so spacious and had a sectional sofa in the room. Sometimes I like to lounge on the couch at night.
- The Dock: This resort has excursions that leave right from the dock so that you don’t need to transport to another location. Our third party excursion picked us up there. All we had to do was get $2 bracelets from the front desk so he could pick us up.
- Size of the Hygiene Items: This resort gave us 3-4 oz bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and SPF 15 sunscreen. We were also given bug spray and other vanity kit items in our preferred room.
- Room Service: The room service was good and quick. I love that you could even order cocktails to your room.
- Access to the Preferred Swim-Up Bar. This was great because they bring food to this bar too.
- Giant Pool Towels.
- Lounging bed on the balcony. This was the size of a queen-size bed.
- Selection of Liquors.
- Very comfortable King Size Bed.
- Ability to add on services. There is a romance department that can add on romantic bubble baths, private dinners on the beach and more!
This resort is a great choice if you want to stay on property all the time and if you want to rent a car and explore. It is south of the cruise port area so it is less congested as well.
Important Things to know about Traveling to Mexico
- Passport is required to travel to Cozumel, Mexico.
- You need to bring a mask for public areas.
- You will have to fill out a health questionnaire when you fly to Mexico and a health questionnaire at the resort.
- They do not currently require Covid-19 testing.
- Check offers with American Express. I was entitled to extra resort freebies with my Platinum Card.
Cozumel is my happy place because I love stopping there on a cruise. It was a no brainer for me to select this location. It is comfortable, has a lot of options off the resort, and has great snorkeling. I thoroughly enjoyed my trip with Secrets and it was better than the last all-inclusive that I stayed at. Thank you for checking out my Secrets Aura Cozumel All-Inclusive Resort review.
Need a car rental in Cozumel? Check out Solymar Rentals. They will drop the car off at the resort for you.
Want to see another hotel review? Check out this one from the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort.