A lot us have the itch to travel. Being cooped up for over a year has created a cabin fever pandemic in addition to Covid-19. The vaccine is becoming more prevalent which has led to many destinations creating options or loosening their guidelines to be more travel friendly. Here are the 5 things you need to do if you’re ready to travel.
- Check your Passport Expiration Date: International travel is going to be opening up more with the vaccine becoming more available. If you plan on traveling internationally you need to check your passport expiration date. Some countries will not allow you in if it expires within 6 months of your trip.
- How Many Points & Miles do you Have: If you have a travel rewards credit card, hotel rewards membership, and/or a mileage account with an airline you need to check your balances. You may be able to get some free tickets, meals, or hotel stays.
- Gather your Travel Credits/Free Nights: 2020 led to a lot of airlines, hotels, tour companies, and more to distribute travel credits. Make sure you tally all of these up and take note of their expiration dates. You will want to use these credits in order of which they expire.
- Check your TSA Precheck/Clear/Global Entry: If you haven’t been up in the air in a while, this is an easy one to forget. Make sure you check your expiration dates on your TSA Precheck, Clear, and Global Entry. Right now is a great time to do some housekeeping for things like this. No one wants to take their shoes and belts off!
- Read up on Entry Requirements/Vaccine Passports: Each country and even each state has different travel requirements. Some states like NY are loosened their quarantine requirements for native New Yorkers while Hawaii is still requiring 72 hours testing prior to arrival to avoid quarantine. Then there are states like Vermont that are waving quarantine if you are vaccinated. Vaccine passports are going to becoming a very prevalent travel document in the near future.
In addition to these 5 things you need to do if you’re ready to travel, you should start stocking up on travel size sanitizer, wipes, and masks. These types of safety and sanitation measures are not going away any time soon and may even be here to stay.
Travel has always required planning. If you have questions don’t be afraid to ask bloggers/industry professionals like myself questions. It also is a great idea to use a travel advisor whose job it is to stay on top of these trends and it doesn’t cost you anything to use them. While you wait to travel get these housekeeping items out of the way. You’ll be glad you did now!
Thinking about going to Mexico? Check out my post on what it is like to travel to Mexico right now!
[…] to Travel? Here are the 5 things you need to do right […]
[…] Check out my post on 5 Things You Need to Do if You are Ready to Travel! […]