The holidays are upon us. Next week we are walking into one of the biggest shopping weeks of the year, Black Friday. I’m working on a couple gift guide posts to help you find the perfect gift for the travel lover in your family. Today we are kicking off with the Holiday Gift Guide for the Travel Loving Kid. I encourage travel/experiences for children over toys any day of the week. This is a list with some links of items that would be a great fit for your adventurer.
- Little Passports Subscription. Olivia loves this subscription box. They have a new country every month for your child to learn about. There are also fun activities in this box that are created to learn about the culture of the selected country. The monthly subscription starts at $14.95 per month! https://www.littlepassports.com/
- Suitcase with rotating wheels. I’m very much against two wheel suitcases for all. I can’t tell you the number of poor kids I’ve seen trying to drag these bags the wrong way in an airport. What is nice about the rotating wheels is that it can be pushed in multiple ways. You can also slide their backpacks on top of it too! Here is the one that I bought for Olivia and it is $33.99: https://bit.ly/35hnmqQ
- Kids Travel Desk. This is a one stop activity station for young kids. They can color, play and watch a movie on these things. There are great pockets for organization. Here is one that I recommend and it is only $23: https://amzn.to/2O0vdTV
- Gift cards: If you have a child or know children on your list that are going on a trip, get them a gift card. I have put Disney gift cards in stockings before so the kids feel like they have spending money on their vacation.
- Travel Journal. Olivia loves keeping a travel journal on our various trips. She will usually leave space for a photo to accompany her story that she writes about for the day. This option is great and clocks in at $11.69! https://amzn.to/2CZBgSl
- Camera. A picture is worth a thousand words and a busy child’s mind has thousands of words going on at the same time. There a great camera options for kids of all ages. This one starts at $19.99! https://amzn.to/2QyxJ5q
- Selfie Stick. This one is for the kids who have an iPod or phone. Olivia loves taking selfies and adding her own character into a photo. This option is great because it doubles as a tripod and has a remote ($16.59): https://amzn.to/2qiZJQ6
- Snorkel Gear. If your kids is a fish, a snorkel set is key. This allows you to create an excursion wherever you want and not having to rent gear. Skip the ones with characters on it and go for a good set like this for $34.99: https://amzn.to/341SwCn
- Travel Games. Picking up travel card sets like Old Maid and Uno will help pass the time while they wait. It is better than having them on a screen all the time. This set is great because there are 12 games and the pieces are magnetic so you don’t lose them (ranges $17-25): https://amzn.to/2pxpyLP
- A Travel Ready Backpack. This one can be a bag full of surprises. You can fill a backpack with their favorite snacks, coloring books, activities, gum and much more.This option is great because it is light weight. It is only $15.99! https://amzn.to/2O4OLXv
There are always the obvious gifts like an iPad or Kindle for a child to use while traveling. These gifts take their journey a step further. They are interactive and encourage creativity. I hope this holiday gift guide for the traveling loving kid has given you some great ideas for the holiday season.
Which gifts would you recommend?
Check out the latest blog post: https://haleewithaflair.com/2019/11/light-bright-airy-living-room-design/
[…] Check out my latest blog post here: https://haleewithaflair.com/2019/11/holiday-gifts-for-the-travel-loving-kid-under-40/ […]
[…] Have a travel loving kid to buy for? Check out this post: https://haleewithaflair.com/2019/11/holiday-gifts-for-the-travel-loving-kid-under-40/ […]
[…] https://haleewithaflair.com/2019/11/holiday-gifts-for-the-travel-loving-kid-under-40/ […]